Thursday, December 26, 2019

KLM mishap Cape Town

Cc: Hans Antonson, Attorney at law

Dear KLM

I am a flight commander retired, and I can sympathise with the situation we all found ourself in.

However,

Relevant information was nil - what was - was excuses only.
The decision to abort should have been taken att ETD +2h - not 4. It is my experience that an engine non start up situation will not be solved "swift and easy" at a remote location.
Busses should at least be ready ETD +2h but Instead after 4h we had to wait another 2h for luggage and transport.
My check in at Holiday inn CT was not until 7:00 in the morning.
I was told the next flight would be next night so I thought I would get some rest….but before we reached the hotel it was then said we should leave already at 13:15!!! ie. afternoon the same day. Not well thought through and on top of that on a 30h journey over Doha.
I have several safety concerns over being on traveling foot for almost 2,5 full days/nights without proper sleep. 
As a consequence I had to use over 2h after hotel check in to redirect my flight for a better offer. Communication with KLM was difficult to establish.
We finally agreed to BA 15h over Heathrow.
I then had to organise airport transfer myself.
I went without my diabetes medication for 2 days which have week long consequences.
One extra dinner was required at Balducci's WA - about 500ZAR 
I lost more than 2 effective work days in best shopping X-mas time at our venue www.fridhemgaard.com

Hereby I ask €600 as compensation.

The BA service was then flawless - as I'm used to from my favourite airline KLM - on all previous occasions.


Best regards Anders Paulsson, flight commander, retired.

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment